Saturday, October 22, 2016

SCOTT BROSIUS IS BACK!


Everybody loves Scott Brosius and when we interviewed him for Bleeding Yankee Blue a few years ago, it was one of our most read interviews ever.

Scotty made a name for himself when he came to the New York Yankees after what appeared to be a pretty lame time in Oakland with the Athletics.  With the Yankees, he won championships, MVPs and true recognition as being a terrific team player and excellent Yankee!

Well, I got news. Brosius is back in Major League baseball! No, not as a coach or player for the Yanks, but for the Seattle Mariners.  MLB Trade Rumors has the story:


"Scott Brosius is joining the Mariners as an assistant coach, per a team announcement. Now fifty years old, Brosius spent eleven years in the majors with the Athletics and Yankees. It’s not clear precisely what his duties will be — his title is simply “assistant coach” — but Brosius served last year as the hitting coach at Triple-A Tacoma."

Now when we spoke to Brosius, he was working as a coach at a college:


BYB: Many fans don't know you haven’t left baseball. You are in your fourth year as the manager of Linfield College Baseball team. Fans also might not know that you played for Linfield College for three years until being drafted by the Oakland A’s in 1987. How do you like being a manager and is managing in the Major Leagues something you would like to do one day?

Scott Brosius: I have been very fortunate to get the opportunity to coach at Linfield College, the school I played at. I knew I didn’t want to give up baseball altogether, so coaching gives me the opportunity to pass on some of what I learned along the way. I enjoy coaching tremendously, and doing so at Linfield also provides me with the balance to see my kids play as well and coach my son’s team in the summer. I am having a great time with it, and right now I don’t see myself moving back into the professional ranks, at least while my kids are still at home.


Read more at EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: SCOTT BROSIUS. That interview happened in 2011.  Wow. Time flies.

Anyway, this is great news, and we obviously wish Scott well!


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017