Sunday, October 9, 2016

ROOTING FOR THE RED SOX TO LOSE


I received such an amazing compliment from my mother the other evening as we watched the Cleveland Indians battle the Boston Red Sox in Game 1 of the American League Division Series.  "I have never seen anyone root for a team to lose like you," my mother said excitedly as we tossed down a little red wine in celebration of the Red Sox first of now two losses in the Series against the Indians.  My response went something like this, "The only two guys I like on the Cleveland Indians are the manager, Terry Francona, and relief pitcher Andrew Miller.  I don't even know who the others are really.  I just know I want them to win." And I can't help it.  I am rooting for the Sox to lose and that's that.


Some of my friends gave me praise for my new fandom for the Indians and other said, "Don't you want the Sox to win?  They are in your Division."  Um...no, I never want them to win, particularly now.



"As the Indians attempt to land a knockout punch -- widely regarded as a right hook out of left field -- they'll have to navigate through the challenges of Boston's house of horrors (Fenway's Faithful). This was never supposed to be easy for Cleveland. A dime for every projection of an Indians series win in the ALDS wouldn't fill a baseball-sized piggy bank," Cleveland.com reported on Friday.  Guess, what, I'm a believer.  Guess what, I'm an Indians fan for the next few days until they drop kick Boston right out of the playoffs.


But this is my favorite part of the October novel by far, which makes me like Jason Kipnis almost as much as I like my favorite relief pitcher Andrew Miller.  "People forget there's a reason we opened up in Cleveland and not Boston," Kipnis said. "We have a pretty good team here that doesn't rely on one guy. We find ways to win ball games and we put together good runs. Right now, you're seeing one of themThe Indians have up to three chances to once more emerge victorious against Boston and send off David Ortiz toward the Cape Cod sunset." Oh how sweet that will be. 


As we head into Sunday's match up in Boston, I can't wait to see more of what I saw in Cleveland- some frustrated Sox players running around in a frenzy to some how catch up in a 2-0 Series.

Hahahaha!


--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
BYB Hot Stove Columnist

Twitter: @suzieprof




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017